Youth Competitive Foil/Epee Nov/Dec '23
More advanced level training for fencers age 10-14 who have had at least two full sessions of skills classes and are ready to explore competitive fencing. Coach's approval is required to enroll. Fencers joining the team should fence at least two times per week, and begin taking individual lessons. Thursday team practice runs for an hour and a half, and fencers can also attend Wednesday and/or Saturday Youth Skills classes. We will coordinate local and in-house competitions. Both foil and epee will be offered.
US Fencing Membership required (access or competitive)
WFC Youth Fencing Membership required (Or WFC Family membership)
$300 per session - includes 1 private lesson per month
Thursday 4:45-6:15pm Foil OR Epee
PLUS Wednesday and/or Saturday Youth Skills
No Class 11/21 -11/25 or 12/30
- Fencers should bring a water bottle to class.
- Students at this level should begin providing their own equipment, particularly mask, lame, bodycord and weapon. We will continue to provide any equipment you don't have. Full uniform is required, including fencing pants.
- Participants must bring in a signed enrollment form to their first class.
- Bring your US Fencing membership confirmation to your first class USA Fencing membership is available here...
- Face masks are not required at this time, but are encouraged for those who are unvaccinated or have close contact with someone at higher risk from COVID. Stay home if you are not feeling well.
WFC calendar can be found here...
Weekly schedule for all classes can be found here...